Feel the contrast of Santiago’s traditional cuisine in the market with the modern and gourmet scene. A city tour for food lovers.
This is the way to get to know the city of Santiago, and a perfect way to start your journey in Chile. First we’ll pick you up at your hotel in an air conditioned van with professional driver. Next we’re off to the market district for a walking tour (can be adjusted based on customer needs) of the market, with multiple tastings and some drinks. You’ll experience first-hand Chile’s culinary traditions and market culture.
Then, back in the van, we’ll have a moment to explore the city, visiting a tourist site of your choice. Cerro Santa Lucia, La Moneda Presidential Palace or take a dive up to the hills for a look out over the city. Then we’ll experience one of Santiago’s main traits: its contrasts. We’ll visit a high- end wine store and gourmet market for dessert so you can feel the differences that exist in this city and in Chilean society as a whole.
Hotel pick up at 10:30 am. The tour lasts 5-6 hours approx. Available any day of the week, all year except for: New Year’s Day, Christmas Day, September 18 and 19.
- Round-trip transportation in modern, air-conditioned vehicle with a professional driver
- Professional, food obsessed bilingual guide
- Tastings at local markets and shops
- Bottled mineral water
- A tasty and fun experience in Santiago!
- Please book tour with 72 hours’ notice
- We aim to please, so let us know any dietary restrictions or preferences in advance to arrange alternatives
- This tour involves walking through the market. It is the equivalent of 10 city blocks
Pricing: US$222/ person (based on a group of 2 people – contact us for group prices)