At heart, Chile’s cultural identity is deeply rooted in the countryside. From its agriculture to wine, El Campo is the mother of the nation. In this activity we explore the fresh products straight from the vineyards and buy from local farmers before cooking a fresh meal in a rustic and relaxing country home.
We start our day at your hotel at 9am, and head straight out of the city, driving south. Once out of the city we will make a stop in the quaint agricultural and wine making village of Isla del Maipo. Here we will visit one of the local vineyards for a wine tasting and vineyard tour, and buy a bottle for our meal. Next we will drive along a quiet country road, passing through the fields of grapes, peaches, produce and livestock –with the mountains as a constant backdrop- before reaching the community of Champa. Here we will make one last purchase at a country store that gets its products straight from the nearby farms.
Then it’s on to a private parcela on a hill overlooking the rich valley below and the mountains beyond. We’ll fire up a mud oven and cook a fresh Chilean meal, depending on the season and products available locally. Afterwards take a few minutes to enjoy the setting and shade, before heading back to Santiago.
Tour starts at 9am at your hotel. Tour lasts 8-9 hours approx. Available any day of the week, all year except for: New Year’s Day, Christmas Day, and September 18 and 19.
- Bilingual Host/ cook
- Vineyard tour and wine tasting, shop visits
- Parcela and cooking space
- Full course meal with appetizer, main course, dessert, coffee and a bottle of wine bought at the vineyard.
- PDF of recipes and pisco sour preparation to take home
- Transportation and professional driver
- Please book tour with a week’s notice
- Private tour with a minimum of 2 people
- We aim to please, so let us know any dietary restrictions or preferences in advance to arrange alternatives
- See our general tour conditions.
Available for groups of 6 people and up. Contact us for a quote.