Go to Market (Lunch)
Eat your way through Santiago’s vibrant produce market and local food selection.
Experience Chile’s vibrant market district first hand. In Go to Market you’ll get not only an introduction to the fresh, simple but wholesome typical fare that Chileans eat at home, but you’ll get to sample it as well. We start in the Plaza de Armas and walk our way north through La Vega Chica, La Vega Central, Tirso de Molina and Mercado Central. This takes us through the lively bustle of the real working market that supplies much of the city with its fresh goods. A blend of colors, smells, faces with just a bit of chaos.
You’ll have the opportunity to try home-style dishes like Porotos Granados; enjoy a refreshing Mote con Huesillo and the drink of the pueblo, the Terremoto. We wrap up with a seafood empanada in the Mercado Central paired with a crisp glass of white wine. More than just a culinary tour, this is an excellent way to discover the local culture.
Tour starts in Santiago’s Plaza de Armas, next to the large statue of Pedro de Valdivia on a horse at 11am. The tour lasts 3-4 hours approx. Generally available any day of the week, all year except for: New Year’s Day, Christmas Day, Easter Sunday and September 18 and 19.
- 4-5 food tastings which together equal a large lunch
- Terremoto or Cola de Mono, Glass of wine
- Bilingual, food obsessed guide
- Market Tour (walking)
- A tasty way to experience local food and culture
- Please book tour with 48 hours’ notice
- Private tour with a minimum of 2 people
- We aim to please, so let us know any dietary restrictions or preferences in advance to arrange alternatives
- This is a walking tour which involves covering roughly 10 city blocks at a light pace. Wear comfortable walking shoes. The market is safe, but like any market there are pickpockets and petty thieves. Avoid wearing or bringing high value items like jewelry or watches.
- Transportation to and from your hotel is not included.
Price Per Person: US$95 (small group price – ask for private group prices)