Blend stories and flavors in a walking tour of the capital’s most interesting neighborhoods.
Experience Santiago’s inspired neighborhoods during an afternoon of culture, food and wine. We kick things off at the newest section of Santiago’s market quarter: Tirso de Molina for an introduction into Chilean ingredients and food. Browse the fruit and vegetable stands among local shoppers and sample a fresh juice along the way.
Then we cross the river through one of Santiago’s oldest parks: Parque Forestal, on our way to the Bellas Artes barrio. Stop to appreciate the façade of the neighborhood’s namesake landmark: the Bellas Artes Fine Arts Museum.
Next we visit a local eatery for to sample a Chilean craft beer with a picoteo, a sampling of bites and finger food to go with the beer. Next we head the edge of the Lastarria neighborhood and endulge in Chile’s favorite food group: ice cream. Before entering Lastarria, you’ll have an introduction to the historic Cerro Santa Lucia at its base, right where the city was founded.
Then on to Lastarria, moving past small boutiques, restaurants and a unique wine store, before visiting the historic GAM cultural center and talk about its sinister past and bright future.
To wrap up our walk we will visit Santiago’s most complete wine bar for a wine and food pairing with a professionally trained staff of sommeliers. An excellent way to start your trip in Chile and learn about its rich cultural history while enjoying the best of its wine and food.
Start time is 3pm in front of the Mercado Central on the side facing the river, next to the police stand and small fountain. The tour lasts 4 hours approx. Available any day of the week, all year except for: New Year’s Day, Christmas Day, September 18 and 19.
- Fresh juice, beer and snacks, ice cream, wine & food pairing
- Walking tour of Tirso de Molina, Parque Forestal, Bellas Artes and Lastarria
- Bilingual, food obsessed guide
- A tasty, informative and enjoyable fun afternoon
- Bottle of water
- Please book tour with 48 hours’ notice
- We aim to please, so let us know any dietary restrictions or preferences in advance to arrange alternatives
- This is a walking tour which involves covering roughly 12 city blocks at a light pace. Wear comfortable walking shoes. The area is safe, but like any market there are pickpockets and petty thieves. Avoid wearing or bringing high value items like jewelry or watches.
- Transportation to and from your hotel is not included.
- We recommend an early, light lunch. Some people are left full by the food on the tour, while others are not. Plan for a later dinner.
- See our general tour conditions.
Price per Person: US$110 (small group price, ask about prices for a private tour)